More Goodies

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Auntie's 70th Birthday

I thought I'd share a project I did a week or two ago for my namesake, Auntie Carol.  My mom decided to throw her sister a small party to celebrate this milestone birthday and I wanted to mark the special occasion with something special.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.  I spent a 'few hours' on this project because I wanted it 'just so'.  And I made it up completely from scratch!

I did a lot of Cricut matching with my Art Philosophy cartridge.  I did the banner cuts (to match the Dimensional Elements - Banners), the word 'Auntie' and the flowers all from the cartridge and really love how it turned out.  I stamped directly on the banner with my November (2012) Stamp of the Month:  Capture The Date.  I used foam tape to pop up the letters on the left border to give it some depth.  I also cut the flowers and used my matching My Acrylix Hooray Bouquet.  All of the colors came together just right!

To tie it all up, I used some orange bakers twine to string the banner and make a little bow and also added a red sparkle as the flower center!

~ Happy 70th Birthday Auntie Carol ~

No comments:

Post a Comment